Wednesday, April 27, 2011

woman photographers




Anne Geddes was born on September 13, 1956 in Australia.  Her parents were hard working farmers.  She grew up on a 26,000 acre beef cattle ranch riding horses, herding cattle, scattering hay, and swimming in the creek.  When Anne was 17 she worked for a hotel chain and traveled a lot.  While traveling, she took many pictures self-teaching herself about photography.  At 22 Anne worked as a secretary for a local t.v. station.  Later, she went on to marry the station manager and raise 2 daughters in Australia and New Zeland.  Anne got very interested in photography after viewing images in Nation Geographic and Life magazines.  She likes focusing on infant and newborn photography, because he has the desire to explore their innocence.  Anne received many awards including Best in Category from Paybefore Awards for greeting card designs in 2009, Lifetime Achievement Award from Professional Photographers of America in 1997, and several more.  Anne will continue exploring the world of photography for many years to come.

I really like this picture because the baby ad the doggy look so similar. The baby is so chubby and cute!  Most of her pictures are in color, and I wonder why this is black and white.  I think this particular picture would look better in color.
Her belly is so cute!  This baby looks so happy in the pretty pink flowers, and she looks like an angel.
This picture, like the first, is so cool.  The dog and the baby look so similar, and again it is in black and white.  They look so peaceful and relaxed.
At first glance I thought this was a real baby, but when I looked closer I saw that this was a doll.  The doll looks so weightless resting in the palm of the girls hand.
I wonder if this baby is real or a doll?  The background and wings are so pretty.  The baby is so innocent!
AW! To me, this represents a new born unknowing of the world. Like a bird, hatching from an egg. I really like this picture, especially the pastel background.
There are a lot of photos involving baby and holiday's.  Babies are good to photograph for holiday's and greeting cards because they're always cute, and it just adds something.  The background of this picture goes so well with the pumpkin, it's perfect.
I like this picture because it makes me think of a rose.  The baby looks like it's the center of a beautiful rose.  The babies skin looks so soft, I love this picture!


2 comments:

  1. Anne Geddes is an AMAZING photographer. She has a way with photographing little babys in the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her photographs are more interesting to me now that I have children-there is a playfulness and seriousness beauty to what she does. I would love for her to have taking pictures of my babies!!
    A-

    ReplyDelete